Oh my. If I change that title to “The Artist’s Way with O|A Starts Today!” I’ve got a very annoying ryhme on my hands.
Fortunately, I caught that. Ahem.
Well… Here we go! This is going to be a wild ride, I’m sure!
Today is the first day of The Artist’s Way… I’m not sure what to call it – club? group? read-along? But club sounds too exclusive, and group sounds too impersonal. We’re doing more than reading a book so maybe we’ll call this a circle as Julia Cameron suggests in the back of the book. Our Artist’s Way circle on O|A.
Well, now that we have that settled…
If you’re just joining us, you may want to read this post on why we’re going through this 12-week self-directed course on discovering or recovering your creativity. You’ll read a little about the people coming along for the adventure, and it will give you information on what you need if you want to join us!
For those ready to start –
Today you’ll need to:
1) sign your Artist’s Way contract (yikes!) – for me it’s on page 23.
2) read the Week 1 chapter. (If you haven’t read up to Week 1 yet you’ll also want to do that too in order to understand the format of the course.)
1) make time to write your morning pages
2) look at your calendar to block out 2 hours for your artist’s date
3) follow her directions! I’m about as clueless as you!
If you’d like to join me on instagram, I’ll be using the hashtag #theartistsway periodically throughout the week! If you use it too, we can find each other! Should be fun!